The Culburra Beach Festival respectfully acknowledges the Jerrinja Clan of the Wandi Wandian People who are and will always be the traditional custodians and first people of the land on which the Festival will meet.
We would like to pay our respects to the Elders past, present and emerging and extend our respect to all Aboriginal people and visitors to the Culburra Beach Festival.
As a mark of respect to the traditional custodians, the Culburra Beach Festival begins with a Welcome to Country ceremony and acknowledgement of our local aboriginal culture, heritage, land and sea country by respected Elders of the Jerrinja Local Aboriginal Land Council.
When visiting please respect the beautiful Jerrinja Country both the land and the sea we share at Culburra Beach and take the time to visit and learn more about the rich heritage and culture of Jerrinja – “The Salt Water People”.
Photographer: Brian Williams | Project: Jerrinja Exposed – A Creative Project
Title: murramurr gadu - a traditional Jerrinja word for “Hands Close Sea”
Our arts and craft committee are making Boomerang Bags for all to enjoy. Made from recyclable materials, it’s a whole movement about community sharing – check it our here. Look out for the giant boomerang in town!
Festival Goers Checklist
- Please bring your own refillable water bottle to use at our Shoalhaven Water fill up stations across the festival locations. Help us to reduce landfill and plastics contaminating our land and oceans.
- Dispose of your garbage and waste by using the recycle bins provided
- Ride a Bike or Walk to the Festival
- Grab your reusable shopping bags for shopping
- Visit our Sustainability Stall at the Festival for tips and advice on how you can reduce your waste and improve our environment
- Recycle your containers at our local Return & Earn machine located behind the Culburra Beach Bowling Club
- Watch this space for more news about Sustainable Living workshops available at the Festival
2020 Festival Board Members
Chair – Festival Director & Projects
Ernie Van Veen
Dannyelle Formosa & Skye Thompson
Markets & Hospitality
2020 Festival Organising Committees
Marketing & Sponsorship – Alex McNeilly, Ernie Van Veen, Karen Robbins
Operations – Monica Willis, Gary Janvrin
Fundraising – Rebecca Cook, Anna Foster-Perry, Naomi Burns, Tracey Langworthy
Music Entertainment – Damien Stirling, John Segol, Nick Garner
Volunteer Coordinators – Jennifer Cameron, Liz Melleuish, Therese Love
CookaBurra – Peter Wilson, Les Judge, Ann Maree Wheeler
Arts & Culture Exhibition – Ernie Van Veen
Photography Competition – Ernie Van Veen, Martina Van Veen
Equipment Librarians – Karyn Knowles, Sue Chapman
Skate Park Jam Events – John Segol
Yoga & Wellness Events – Anna Smallwood
Markets & Hospitality Ben May, Monica Willis
Circus Workshop Events – Sarah Fitzgerald
Surf Bash Tournament Event – Ty Watson, Jason Moon
Sound Garden Events – Jaden Spence & Jake Ellevsen
Make & Take Children Activities – Skye Thompson
Sound & Staging – Ross Portener